SARNIA, ON – The Sarnia Sting skated away with a 6-3 win over the London Knights on Saturday night at the Progressive Auto Sales Arena. With the win, the Sting improve to 1-1-0-0 in pre-season action after dropping their first contest to the Knights just 24 hours prior.
Justin Fazio and Rookie goaltender Blair Coffin shared the crease for the Sting on Saturday night, making a combined 33 saves on 36 shots faced.
Veteran forward, Drake Rymsha led the way for the Sting; collecting a goal and two assists in the contest. The Huntington Woods native now has 6 points through his first two pre-season games. Rymsha centered Jordan Kyrou and Hugo Leufvenius who each found the back on the net on Saturday night.
Rounding out the scoring for the Sting was Adam Ruzicka, Jordan Ernst and Connor Schlichting.
The Knights scoring was supplied by defenceman, Evan Bouchard (2) and Josh Nelson.
The Sting return to pre-season action on Friday, September 15 at the WFCU Centre in Windsor. The two teams will travel back to Sarnia on Saturday, September 16th for the Sting’s final pre-season contest. Puck drop on Saturday the 16th is slated for 7:05 PM.
- With 3 points on Saturday Drake Rymsha leads the OHL in pre-season scoring with 6 points.
- Jordan Ernst found the back of the net for the second straight game.
- Hugo Leufvenius netted his first as a member of the Sting on Saturday. He was named the game’s first star.
- London was 3/5 with the man advantage. The Sting were 1/5
- Rookie Defenceman, Colton Kammerer was named the game’s third star after posting an assist and a plus/minus rating of +2